Thursday, September 22, 2011

Taking the 'other' path

There are quite a few unmarried, aged men in our company. They are successful, learned people. They are some of those who are doing exceptionally well in their work. Looking at them, I envy them sometimes. They had the choice to 'not' to chose the path of marriage. Not many women in India get that choice, or are mature enough to be able to tread that path.
Many complexities involved, I guess. Emotional as well as Environmental.


But, there's one more thing that sets these people apart. They don't crib about their unmarried status. Neither do they think it's a big thing. They are just at peace with the choice they have made. They are not people with broken hearts and drowning themselves in liquor or stuff. This could be the reason they took that path. But that's not what defines them now. 


They chose to stream their energies in a better direction. Getting married is not a big deal and not a very fun thing to do. Rather, you're saving yourself a lot of emotional and societal baggage, which you would have to carry otherwise. Not to mention, bearing with another person whom you not find so fun to be with, in a life-long journey. 


I wish I had that choice. Not that I don't like being married, but I do think it would have been a tough decision for me. I can't even say for sure that I would have taken that other way. But, still.


Now, having come this side, the other side is definitely heavily greener for me :P :)


So, all the bachelors out there, chose the right side, before it's too late :)

No comments:

Post a Comment