Friday, January 11, 2013

Bangla


I want to learn Bangla, the language. My Mom used to say that a lot of good literature has been written in Bangla and she would like to read them some day, by learning Bangla. I have a different reason. I like to hear people speak it. 

Recently, I met a doctor who was Bengali. Co-incidentally, after a few days, we happened to be in the same cinema hall watching a movie, one row apart. She was with her family (in-laws visiting, it seemed). Literate people speak it so well and they look so sophisticated speaking it. I really wish to be able to speak it some day. :)

2 comments:

  1. yup...I know how to sing few lines of 2 songs in Bangla :) learnt it when I was very small

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was that song 'ekla cholo re'? :P Coz I learnt that one too. Was in my school diary, initial pages. :)

      Delete