Monday, January 23, 2012

Give not take..that's love

I'm not talking about the platonic love here, so if that's what you were interested in reading, go away. I'm talking about the love, care and togetherness we feel for our loved ones. Loved ones like parents, like friends.

I've a long time friend from school times. Though we met in class 11th and hated each other instantly, we've been best of the friends, stuck together like Fevicol bond, ever since class 12th. That's when we were forced to sit together in class. Haha! You would think that forced seating and friend making happened only in nursery. Well! I'm a Live proof that it happens in 12th standard also. Am sure it can happen much later now, in adulthood too. Well, that's not what this post is about.
So, we've been friends. Talking, not talking, again talking...we've been through that normal course of friendship. Yesterday, she broke the news to me that she's pregnant. :) I can't explain the feeling, the happiness it brought to me. I think it was the same feeling I feel when my younger brother shares his happy moments with me. I was totally totally elated. I didn't feel so happy even when I realized that I, myself was pregnant.
She told me this on chat and I said how silly of you to tell this to me on chat. I called her back instantly. I was soo happy and she exclaimed, "You're being so happy as if you're the mother or the father." I frowned but said, "Never mind. You cannot understand the emotion."


This has been our relationship status as far as I remember. I'm the more giving person. I've always had very few friends but those have been dear to me more than my life. I don't make friends easy. I do socialize. I am not the asocial, introvert kinda girl. But, a person becomes an acquaintance, not a friend. When someone becomes a friend, I start to feel their emotions, their highs and their lows. So was the case with her. 


In my younger days, I used to feel very hurt when I ever realized that the amount of bonding I felt, the other person didn't. But now, with her, I just said, that it's okay that I love you so much but you don't. I've accepted it. And, by saying that, by accepting that, I just held her back with me. I didn't have to leave her because my ego couldn't let me be with her. 


We don't always have people who feel the same way as we do, but that should not affect the way we feel for them. Exactly like Sharhrukh says in Mohabbatein ;) 
But, this is so true. Give love and forget it, and you'll be very happy in life.


I don't know if I can be so self-less in my other relations too but it must be good if I could, and NOT think much about it. :P

4 comments:

  1. I think this is very much true.
    I have never experienced it before with friends.. Unfortunately, perhaps. I've never wanted to have any very close friends probably for different reasons. I have not been easy to put myself in other people's joys and sorrows.. Perhaps a weakness. But, I thinks it is good to read this:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SpiderDama: You're very much like my husband then. Even he doesn't get too close with friends. But, then you/he can understand the feeling with close relatives, perhaps. I've always been closer to friends than relatives, so maybe, it made more sense to me in their terms. :) Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved ur post....i personally couldnt accept someone liking me less than i liking them...felt like loss of self respect to me :P ...but then i am workin on it :) hope to really learn this giving and not expecting thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Maverick: Ohh, so u decided to catch up on ur reading-list :P
    Well, we always need to keep working on ourselves. I wish it wasn't so. In retrospect, I think, how does it matter if I used to pick my nose in front of others OR, if 'I thought' I was 'more mature' than others of my age. I have changed now. But, does it change anything? In the world, there were some people who liked me then, and some who didn't. The stats are still the same. So, y shud I change?? I wish I could accept me as myself.
    U must be thinking, so much when you agreed with me! Hehehe! Blame it on the moment's mood. :)

    ReplyDelete